[Guest Post] 5 Top Products for a Beach-Ready Face
Hey everyone! So recently I was contacted by the lovely Lauren from Betterfly.com, she is a make-up artist who wanted to share with you all some quick tips on how to keep your face looking gorgeous even during the heat!
So you’re off to the beach (lucky you!) and it’s forecasted to be a sweltering 95 degrees and sunny. Is applying makeup a lost cause? Are your bare lips and blemishes bound to be on display for all to see? Not so fast—there are at least five essential products that every makeup-savvy girl should have for a day at the beach.
- Tinted moisturizer: Forget foundation! It’s likely to melt off at the first sign of heat. Instead, smooth on some tinted moisturizer with a high SPF (at least 15) to protect your face and give it a little glow.
- Oil absorbing sheets: Once you start sweating, your face can get super oily. Keep a packet of these oil absorbing sheets around for touch ups.
- Blemish control: Regardless of where you’re going, no one wants to go there with blemishes. Use a cream concealer to lightly cover dark spots and then use some press-on powder to help make it stay.
- Pale shadow: Should your makeup start to get melty, the creases and stains to your skin are going to be a lot more noticeable if you use dark colors. Opt for pink and peach tones that go well with your skin, and resist from piling them on heavily.
- Waterproof products: This is an obvious tip, but important nonetheless. There are some awesome and inexpensive waterproof mascara options out there. My current favorite is by Maybelline.
No matter how you do your makeup, the #1 tip is to always wear sunscreen to protect your beautiful skin and keep it looking youthful for years to come!